Meet the organizations that have signed on to support Sarasota Bayfront 20:20!
The Perlman Music Program/Suncoast Inc.
PO Box 3407, Sarasota, FL 34230
How long has your organization been around? The Perlman Music Program/Suncoast Inc.has been an independent 501(c)(3) organization since May 27, 2008.
How many members do you have? PMP/Suncoast presents more than 60 events annually with the goal to inspire the next generation of concert artists, educators and audiences. These include:
- 55 Artists for PMP Sarasota Winter Residency:
- 35 PMP students (international string students, ages 13-22),
- 20 PMP faculty, staff members, and fellows including international concert violinist and conductor, Itzhak Perlman and his wife and PMP Founder, Toby Perlman
- 42 Super Strings participants (young Florida violinists, ages 8-18) and 3 Super Strings faculty members
- 15 PMP alumni (for school and community performances: October – May)
- 656 Members/Sponsors
Who are your board members and/or leadership?
- Executive Director: Elizabeth Power
- Development Director: Margaret Ann Behrends
- Board of Trustees
- Michael Ritter, Chair
- Irwin L. Davis, Vice Chair – Administration
- Theodore E. Gast, Vice Chair – Development
- Denise Davis-Cotton, Ed.D., Vice Chair – Education
- Bob Israeloff, Treasurer
- Edie Chaifetz, Secretary
- Fran Lambert, Past Chair
- Alan Ades
- Rodger DeRose
- Linda Driggs
- Burton Farbman
- Debbie Griffin
- Debbie Haspel
- Ilana Jones
- Martin Marcus
- Jan Pitchford
- Brianne L. Reck, Ph.D.
- Audrey Robbins
- Joseph A. Siragusa
- Rob Weiss
PMP/Suncoast programs are presented in partnership with:
- The Perlman Music Program (New York)
- University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee
What’s your mission? The Perlman Music Program/Suncoast encourages artistic development and camaraderie among young international string musicians via a nurturing, non-competitive, world-renowned music education program. It cultivates regional and national participation and support by offering premier cultural and educational outreach programs, world-class performances and events in Sarasota and its surrounding communities.
What are your hopes for the future of the bayfront? It is our great hope that the final plan for the Sarasota Bayfront 20:20 be well thought out and serve to benefit the city, capture the beauty of the bayfront, enrich the lives of residents and tourists and celebrate the cultural mecca that Sarasota is while also taking into consideration growth issues including traffic, congestion and safety.